Professional Development for Service Designers
The Journeyman, both the title of an online course and a separate handbook, is the second of a three-part series of ISDI’s sequential service design instruction.
The Journeyman, which covers design of services including the essential techniques, picks up from the fundamentals course, ‘The Apprentice.’ With The Journeyman, you jump right into design ideation, then Journey Maps, Service Blueprints, and Touchpoints, in sequential order.
As with all the ISDI’s instruction, The Journeyman follows a progressive learning format with each course and lesson adding on to what was taught prior. Additionally, all the instruction involves step-by-step instructions, diagrams, templates, and common uses.
Apprentice Topics Include:
Meeting user needs
Creating service experiences
Architecting a service
And more . . .
- Who want to practice Service Design, interested in developing or furthering a career.
- Professionals with some background in Service Design yet desire a refresh or a reference.
- Matriculated graduates who nonetheless, need a real-world practical understanding of Service Design.
- Individuals from any background seek greater clarity around what Service Design means or how to apply it.
- Executives who desire to put Service Design into practice within their organizations.
Online CourseTHE JOURNEYMAN
- Online, self-paced course.
- Six modules with multiple topics each.
- Includes lesson, with diagrams, videos, and independent exercise.
- Standalone book or to accompany the online course.
- In-depth service design learning.
- Layout opens for large image views.
Course & CertificationTHE JOURNEYMAN
- Independently registered certificates of course completion
- Suitable for verifiable qualification.
- For those seeking advancement, including new opportunities.
Bundle: Course, Book, CertificationTHE JOURNEYMAN
- Includes online course, certification, and study guide.
- A portable set of tools, models, and templates for designing services.
- Ideal for a reference that can be relied upon throughout one’s career.